Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Boo Boo Bags


Made these simple little rice bags with my daughter the other day. To make, cut a piece of fabric, fold in half and stitch 2 sides, fill with rice (lentils would probably work well too) and then stitch the open side (I used a zig zag stitch for this part and then used pinking shears to trim the edge.) We keep these in the freezer and pull out for minor bumps. Most of the time the cold pack is really not needed, but somehow getting to use this special little pack makes everything all better. They are very inexpensive to make, so when they start to get dirty, I just pitch them and make new ones. This fabric came from Wal-Mart -- cost was 75 cents for a 1/4 of a yard and I have plenty of fabric left. Works well with scraps too.
My daughter really enjoyed making these -- helping with the sewing and filling of the bags.

1 comment:

JenMc said...

Super cute! I don't sew, but I'm thinking I could get my mom to make some of these.